Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Twin girls, 4, choke to death while visiting their dad after candle set room alight – World News

The girls were sleeping near a lit candle when the fire suddenly engulfed the Nunkeri Multi Occupancy commune in New South Wales causing the deaths of the twin girls

The tragedy happened at a commune west of Byron Bay, Australia, despite a woman’s emergency calls for help

Twin girls aged four have choked to death in a home while visiting their father after a candle set the room alight.

The tragedy happened at a commune west of Byron Bay, Australia, despite a woman’s emergency calls for help.

The girls were sleeping near a lit candle when the fire suddenly engulfed the Nunkeri Multi Occupancy commune in New South Wales.

The woman, who made the desperate emergency call in the early hours of Sunday reportedly said on the call: “Hurry, the babies can’t breathe”.

Both girls were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but they could not be revived following the 4am blaze.








A note reading “No words, mourning with you” is seen on bouquet of flowers left by a member of the public
(

Image:

AAP/PA Images)



The girls’ father is devastated by their deaths and the Daily Mail reports the twins were visiting him without their mother.

A neighbour told the Daily Telegraph : “I’m told the father is in a bad state. He blames himself. He’s really shaken up,”

“I heard a fire engine go off around 3am and knew something was wrong, it’s quiet around here, we don’t get sirens going off.”








The girls’ father is said to be devastated by their deaths
(

Image:

AAP/PA Images)



The property, which was unscathed, is part of a 20-home commune in the Byron Bay which has been there for 30 years for and is situated on 100 acres of farmland.

Investigations are continuing to determine if the lit candle on top of the piano was left burning overnight.

Police said both girls were sleeping “fairly close” to the instrument.








Police at the scene of a fatal house fire in Goonengarry, west of Byron Bay
(

Image:

AAP/PA Images)



Commander Superintendent Dave Roptell said: “It’s unbelievably devastating to see… anyone die in these circumstances. But two four-year-old females, it’s just a tragic set of circumstances.”

The exact cause of the fire is still to be determined, but police and fire investigators will remain at the scene until investigations have been completed.

Devastated neighbours arrived at the home on Sunday to give flowers to the family following the tragedy.








Flowers left by a member of the public where twin four-year-old girls died following a house fire
(

Image:

AAP/PA Images)



The community has been shocked by the events in a close-knit community.

Neighbours were seen arriving with flowers and tributes after the tragic night’s events

One woman fought back tears and a hand written note was left with a flower bouquet which simply read: “Mourning with you.”.


Read More




Read More



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a comment