Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Toddler rushed for surgery after swallowing 17 magnetic beads which pierced stomach wall – World News

The 19-month-old boy is now recovering after he was rushed for surgery to remove the unbelievable amount of magnetic beads he had swallowed. The tiny magnets pierced his stomach wall

Murat Oezdemir, 19 months, has had 17 magnetic beads removed from his stomach

A toddler has undergone surgery to remove 17 magnetic beads from his stomach after he swallowed them.

Murat Oezdemir, 19 months, is understood to have fallen ill at his home in Pamukkale, Turkey, last week, with terrified family members rushing him to Pamukkale University Hospital.

Doctors then performed an X-ray and noticed foreign bodies inside the child’s stomach, local media outlet Haberler reports.

An X-ray showed the magnetic beads all stuck together inside the young boy’s body.

Local media outlets report that the beads can often be found at markets where they are sold as toys, although it is not clear if this is where Murat got them.








Doctors performed an X-ray and noticed foreign bodies inside the child’s stomach, local media outlet Haberler reports
(

Image:

Newsflash)



Dr Halil Kocamaz, a paediatric gastroenterologist, and his team removed the 17 magnetic beads, which each measured 5 millimetres (0.19 inches) in diameter.

Medics found the beads had connected together and formed a bracelet inside the boy, piercing his stomach wall, Haberturk reports.

The operation to remove them reportedly took around two hours and Murat is currently recovering in hospital after the surgery.








The operation to remove them reportedly took approximately two hours and the child is currently recovering in hospital after the surgery
(

Image:

Newsflash)



Murat is not the only young boy to need surgery after eating things he should not.

A 14-year-old in India had to have 16 toothbrushes and a three-inch iron nail removed from his stomach after he began eating them to cure his addiction to eating soil.

Harish Devi, 14, ate the dental equipment after a holistic practitioner told him it would cure his soil-eating habit.








Haberturk reports that the beads formed a bracelet when connected together
(

Image:

Newsflash)



His family also believed Harish, from Uttar Pradesh, India, had been possessed by a ghost and that consuming toothbrushes and nails would help heal him.

But after eating the items, Harish started feeling pain in his abdomen.

He was taken to Baba Raghav Das Medical College, where the bonkers discovery was made.

Doctors operated on the 14-year-old and took out the toothbrushes and a three-inch nail from his insides.








Local media outlets report that the beads can often be found at markets where they are sold as toys
(

Image:

Newsflash)



Following the removal of the foreign objects, Harish’s health has improved and doctors are hopeful he will make a full recovery.

Gruesome photos show snippets from the surgery, with some of the toothbrushes being removed from the patient’s stomach.

One doctor can be seen holding up an X-ray to show the large iron nail in the middle of the youngster’s body.


Read More




Read More



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a comment