Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Three Egypt hotel workers detained after almost 50 tourists struck by food poisoning – World News

Three workers at a five-star hotel in the Egyptian city of Hurghada have been detained after 47 tourists were hospitalised with food poisoning – the hotel has now reportedly shut

Up to 47 people staying at a five-star hotel in Egypt were hospitalised after being struck by food poisoning

Three workers at a five-star hotel have been detained after 47 tourists got food poisoning while staying there.

A total of 29 Russians, 14 Estonians and four Czech Republic nationals were taken to hospital after falling ill at the AMC Royal hotel in Hurghada, Egypt, over the weekend.

As a result of the widespread illness, the Public Service Prosecution in Egypt decided to detain the assistant director of food and beverages, the hotel’s quality officer and the chief chef for four days, pending investigations.

According to local reports, the public prosecution first received reports of 14 people from Estonia falling ill on October 30.

It then emerged how more tourists had been taken to hospital with food poisoning after dining at the hotel in the city of Hurghada, a popular hotspot for scuba divers.

Have you stayed at this hotel and suffered from food poisoning? Email webnews@mirror.couk








The Red Sea city of Hurghada is popular for tourists wanting to scuba dive
(

Image:

Getty Images/iStockphoto)



An inspection has reportedly been conducted at the hotel, and samples were taken from the hotel’s food in the kitchen and freezers.

Various water sources and locations where the food got processed were also examined.

Results of the investigation will be included in a report, the Egypt Independent reports.

According to Russian news agency Tass, which puts the number of Russians who fell sick to 40 rather than 31, the tourists have been relocated to different hotels.

While the Egyptian Federation of Tourist Chambers told Tass: “Forty people turned to the hospital for assistance.

“By now, four have been discharged from it and 36 others are undergoing medical treatment.”




“The health condition of all the patients is satisfactory, stable and not life-threatening.

“Doctors can discharge them from the hospital on Monday,” it said.

The hotel doesn’t just face “big financial penalties”, but also indefinite closure.

“The hotel may face not only big financial penalties but also its full closure with the revocation of its license for failure to comply with sanitary requirements for foodstuffs, beverages and services,” the Federation added.


Read More




Read More



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a comment