Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Prince William and Harry to find Spencer film ‘uncomfortable’ | Royal | News

A former friend of Princess Diana’s has cast doubt over the likelihood of Prince William and Prince Harry watching the latest fictionalised account of their late mother, Princess Diana. According to Richard Kay, the director Pablo Larrain has played “fast and loose” with the plotline, which is focused on a weekend in 1991 where the Princess of Wales decides to leave her marriage to Prince Charles. He notes that in previous cases, the two Princes have taken a “rather disappointing view” of commercialised accounts of their mother’s life. 

Speaking to the MailPlus podcast Palace Confidential, journalist Richard Kay said: “I’m not entirely sure either William or Harry will sit down and watch the film, if they do I think they’ll find it uncomfortable and difficult at times.

“They’ll obviously spot huge gaps where the director has played fast and loose with what actually happened.

“I think one thing we’ve learnt over the years about the Princess’s children is that they take a rather firm view and a rather disappointing view I guess on all the fictionalised accounts of their mother, which there have been numerous examples over the years, as well as all the actual factual stories about the tragedy of Diana and Charles’ marriage.”

Spencer, which starts American actress Kristen Stewart as Diana, is due to be released in cinemas across the UK on November 5. 

READ MORE: Prince William confessed ‘difficult’ dilemma about royal children: ‘I am worried’

Following its premiere at the Venice International Fillm Festival, it received a three-minute standing ovation, with a number of critics tipping Stewart as a potential candidate for an Academy Award. 

The film is a biographical, psychological drama which follows Diana struggling with the decision to end her unhappy marriage whilst staying at Sandringham with the Royal Family over the Christmas holidays. 

In an interview with Sky News, Stewart said she sympathised with Prince William and Prince Harry’s sense of invasion with regards to their mother, saying: “We came to this with a lot of curiosity, and they’ve [William and Harry] endured that curiosity worldwide their whole lives, and so I’m sure that they’re used to it, but it’s not their favourite thing.

“But having said that, it is sort of their jobs and I can relate to that.”

It has recently emerged that Netflix’s series The Crown will feature the controversial interview Diana conducted with Martin Bashir in its upcoming fifth season. 

The next series of Emmy award-winning show will be available for streaming in November 2022 and will focus on the Royal Family throughout the 1990s, with a special focus expected to be on the breakdown of Charles and Diana’s marriage. 

A Netflix insider told The Sun newspaper that an entire episode had been dedicated to the infamous 1995 Panorama interview, which saw the Princess of Wales detail her strained relationship with the monarchy and her struggle with bulimia. 

Australian actress Elizabeth Debicki will take on the role of Diana from Emma Corrin, whilst Dominic West is set to play the Prince of Wales. 

Prince William made his feelings clear on the controversial interview after the Lord Dyson report was published in May, which stated that Martin Bashir has used “deceitful methods” to obtain the trust of Diana and her brother, the Earl Spencer. 

DON’T MISS

Prince Harry to lose another Royal Family role as Princess Beatrice tipped to take over [LATEST]
Royal Family’s ‘brand’ has ‘benefitted’ from Covid-19 pandemic says expert [INSIGHT]
Kate and William to show US ‘what royalty can do’ after Meghan and Harry ‘damage’ Firm [ANALYSIS]

The BBC journalist had forged bank documents to suggest that members of Diana’s household were being paid by the Royal Family to spy on her. 

The future king gave a rare statement outside Kensington Palace to say: “It is my view that the deceitful way the interview was obtained substantially influenced what my mother said. The interview was a major contribution to making my parents’ relationship worse and has since hurt countless others.

“It brings indescribable sadness to know that the BBC’s failures contributed significantly to her fear, paranoia and isolation that I remember from those final years with her.”

He also stated his belief that the interview held “no legitimacy” and should never be broadcasted again.

Prince Harry echoed his brother’s sentiments and accused the press of a “ripple effect of a culture of exploitation and unethical practices”.

Princess Diana died at the age of 36 in a car accident in Paris in 1997. She and her partner Dodi Fayed were being pursued by the paparazzi when their vehicle eventually lost control. Her sudden death sparked unprecedented global mourning with over a million bouquet of flowers laid outside her home at Kensington Palace. 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a comment