An art preview for Avengers Forever gives a look at one of the series’ new heroes, who seems worthy enough to lift Mjolnir and become the next Thor.
Marvel Comics’ upcoming Avengers Forever has teased the possibility of a very different Thor.
According to the first issue’s solicitation, the title will feature Ghost Rider stuck on an Earth that never had heroes to defend it, with the only ally the Spirit of Vengeance can find being the Invincible Ant-Man. An art preview for Avengers Forever #1 shows the new Ant-Man racing through the ground from venomous ants, eventually happening upon Thor’s hammer Mjolnir and moving to lift it. However, this Ant-Man is not Hank Pym or Scott Lang, and if he be worthy, readers will see a Thor like none before.
The solicitation and non-colored preview page reveal that this Ant-Man is actually Tony Stark, highlighted as being a wanted archeologist as opposed to the armored Avenger, Iron Man. Because Ant-Man’s abilities consist of changing his own size and that of other objects and beings, perception-wise, it is unclear which Thor the hammer belongs to. While it could be that of Thor Odinson, it could also belong to the Pet Avenger Throg.
If this Tony Stark can lift the hammer, it wouldn’t be the character’s first time and he might not even be worthy. Typically, Thor’s hammer can only be used if that person is worthy enough to wield it, a notable example being Captain America in both comics and the film Avengers: Endgame. However, the current Thor run has seen Mjolnir’s magic change, allowing anyone to lift it while it grows heavier for the new All-Father of Asgard. In Thor #8, Tony holds the hammer and even uses it to strike the Asgardian across the face.
Other character amalgams will be introduced in this series as well, aside from the Ant-Man Tony Stark variant. Preview art for Avengers Forever has shown that What If…? superhero Captain Carter (a mash-up of Captain America and Peggy Carter for the streaming series) will be making her comic book debut in the title. The issue will take place after the events of Avengers #750 and promises to unite a multiversal league of heroes much like What If…?‘s finale did. The preview and solicitation for Avengers Forever #1 can be found below.
AVENGERS FOREVER #1
- JASON AARON (W) • AARON KUDER (A/C)
- VARIANT COVER BY MATTEO SCALERA
- VARIANT COVER BY BETSY COLA
- VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
- HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY CARLOS PACHECO
- AN ALL-NEW SERIES STARRING THE AVENGERS OF THE MULTIVERSE!
- On a quest for cosmic vengeance, Ghost Rider finds himself roaring through the wasteland on a ruined Earth, where the great age of heroes never came to be, where hope is a four-letter word and where his only ally in the coming battle against the greatest villains any universe has ever seen is the world’s most wanted archaeologist, Tony Stark…the Invincible Ant-Man. Spinning out of the cataclysmic events of AVENGERS #750 and operating in lockstep with the prime AVENGERS series, the next great Avengers saga begins here, as the Mightiest Heroes of every Earth begin to assemble.
- 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
Avengers Forever #1 is written by Jason Aaron with interior and cover art by Aaron Kuder. Variant covers for the issue were made by Matteo Scalera, Betsy Cola, Russell Dauterman and Carlos Pacheco. The issue goes on sale Dec. 22 from Marvel Comics.
KEEP READING: Namor: How Marvel’s Sub-Mariner Joined the Avengers
X-Men Anatomy: 5 Weirdest Things About Iceman’s Body, Explained
About The Author
Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – email@example.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.