Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Liverpool transfer round-up: Jurgen Klopp eyes Leicester raid, Reds’ release clause blow

Liverpool have reportedly assembled a shortlist of attacking targets, with a Leicester City winger their priority target ahead of the next summer transfer window

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Jurgen Klopp reviews Liverpool’s 2-2 draw with Brighton

Games are coming thick and fast as Liverpool make headway in the Carabao Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

The Reds remain unbeaten this season and Jurgen Klopp will be pleased with the way his side have started – even though they were held to a 2-2 draw by Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday.

Behind the scenes, Anfield chiefs are planning how to strengthen the squad and there are fresh links with in-demand players in England and on the continent.

Signing an attacker appears to be the priority and options in midfield are also being explored amid Liverpool’s current injury woes in the centre of the park.

The Reds are also preparing to let Loris Karius depart for free in the January transfer window.

Without further ado, here are the latest Liverpool transfer rumours to kick off the week.

Klopp eyeing Foxes ace Barnes








Harvey Barnes is reportedly Liverpool’s priority attacking target
(

Image:

Leicester City FC via Getty Imag)



Jurgen Klopp has made Leicester City winger Harvey Barnes a priority transfer target ahead of the next summer transfer window.

That is according to Fichajes, which adds Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Pedro Neto and Rennes’ Jeremy Doku are also on the Reds’ shortlist of attackers.

But Barnes is the preferred option and Klopp is said to be a big fan of the 23-year-old, who has two goals and two assists this season.





The Foxes star – who made his England debut last year – has just over three-and-a-half years remaining on his contract at the King Power Stadium.

Target’s release clause on the rise

Liverpool will need to stump up considerably more to sign Pedro Goncalves after the Sporting Lisbon winger signed a new contract which runs until 2026.

The Reds were touted to move for Goncalves throughout the summer and the 23-year-old has continued to catch the eye this season with four goals in 10 games.







Pedro Goncalves has signed a new contract with Sporting Lisbon



His old contract was believed to have a release clause of €60million (£51m) and Portuguese outlet Record, per Sport Witness, claims this has now increased to €80million (£68m).

Reds in Tchouameni race

Liverpool are rivalling fellow European giants for the signature of Monaco star Aurelien Tchouameni, according to Tuttosport.

The Italian outlet claims Juventus, Real Madrid and Chelsea are also in the race for the 21-year-old, who has been ever-present at the base of Monaco’s midfield this season.








Aurelien Tchouameni won the Nations League with France in October
(

Image:

Bagu Blanco/Pressinphoto/REX/Shutterstock)



Juve are said to be weighing up a bid for Tchouameni between January and June 2021, so Liverpool may need to move fast to avoid missing out.

The youngster joined Monaco in January 2020 from Bordeaux, where he spent nine years in the academy and working his way up the ranks.

Tchouameni is under contract until 2024 and has five caps for France, winning the Nations League in October.


Read More




Read More



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a comment