Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Kate Middleton and Prince William Fort Belvedere move ruled out: ‘Why would they?’ | Royal | News

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge currently split their time between an apartment in Kensington Palace and Anmer Hall, Norfolk. It is in the latter residence where they spent the third lockdown. In recent years, much speculation has surrounded where they might permanently move their family of five.

The royal residence that has attracted the most attention is Fort Belvedere in Windsor.

As recently as August, reports suggested William and Kate had their eye on the former Duke of Windsor’s home.

Fort Belvedere is steeped in history: a Grade II listed house with a. Tower towards the southern end of Windsor Great Park, it is the location in which King Edward VIII signed his abdication papers in 1936.

It is currently owned by the Crown Estate and is leased out to the Weston family — close friends of the royals.

While many claim the Cambridges could imminently move into the home, Marlene Koenig, a royal historian, argued that it would make no sense for the family to move far out of central London.

She told Express.co.uk: “You have people saying William and Kate are going to move to Windsor, and I’m like ‘Why?’

“They already have a large apartment in Kensington Palace.

“They’re not going to move to Fort Belvedere — why would they do that?

JUST INPrince William left red-faced by Louis after space tourism criticism

William had, at the time, been working as a helicopter pilot for East Anglian Air Ambulance.

The home also doubled up as a way to help keep their young children away from the public as much as possible.

A source told the Mail on Sunday: “Anmer Hall made sense while William was a helicopter pilot in East Anglia and it was useful for Christmases at Sandringham, but it doesn’t really work anymore.”

They claimed: “It’s a little too far away for weekends, but Windsor is a perfect compromise.

“They are eyeing up options in the area.”

Recently, French magazine, Gala, identified Fort Belvedere as a top contender to become the Windsor headquarters for William and Kate.

Earlier this year, royal commentators suggested the pair would wait until Prince Charles becomes king before moving out of Kensington Palace.

He is believed to be keen on keeping Clarence House as his official residence once he succeeds the Queen.

If true, this would likely leave Buckingham Palace open to new tenants.

However, others claim that the royal hopes to live in no more than a “flat above a shop” in the palace.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment