Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Jurgen Klopp backs Liverpool stars to end his Old Trafford nightmare once and for all

Liverpool head to Old Trafford on Sunday looking to stamp their mark in the title race – while putting distance between themselves and Manchester United

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Jurgen Klopp previews Manchester United clash

Jurgen Klopp is backing his players to keep Old Trafford quiet.

The Liverpool boss ended his own personal nightmare in the Theatre of Dreams last season by beating ­ Manchester United on their own turf for the first time in seven attempts.

But the game was played behind closed doors – and Klopp accepts that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men are a different proposition when they are roared on by a 76,000 full house.

Klopp, however, reckons Tuesday night’s Champions League victory over Atletico Madrid at a raucous Wanda Metropolitano Stadium was the perfect preparation for a visit into enemy territory.

He said: “Atletico was absolutely incredible. Sometimes I couldn’t even understand my thoughts it was that loud.

“I don’t want to say we are used to it, but we have done it from time to time.







Jurgen Klopp, speaking on Friday at his pre-match press conference



“The atmosphere is always a massive thing for United at Old ­Trafford – but it’s all about the game as well.

“Obviously our job is to be really good there. To play the best possible football we can and ignore, or even use, the atmosphere.

“Our away guys will be there as well and in our moments they are ­really good.

“It is what it is. I will never moan about having to play an away game at Old Trafford because it’s a really good atmosphere and two really good teams facing each other. I am really looking forward to it.”





Last season’s meeting was ­postponed when United fans ­demonstrated outside Old ­Trafford in their thousands in the aftermath of the ­European Super League debacle and then broke into the stadium.

Then, hours before the rearranged ­fixture, thugs slashed the tyres of the bus taking Liverpool’s squad to the game after being deliberately blocked in on a city-centre street by abandoned cars.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands the Merseyside club will be ­implementing no special measures to give Klopp and his players extra protection.

“It will be business as usual,” said one Anfield source, although Greater Manchester Police and United’s ­security staff will be on high alert.




Klopp is just as wary about the threat United will pose on the pitch.

While Solskjaer has Portuguese duo Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes, as well as Marcus ­Rashford and Edinson Cavani, it is two of United’s youngsters that really concern the Liverpool boss.

Mason Greenwood, 20, scored his fourth goal of the season with a ­sensational strike in United’s defeat at Leicester last week.

And while 21-year-old Jadon ­Sancho is yet to ­reproduce the form that prompted United to pay Klopp’s former club, Borussia Dortmund, £73million for his talent in the summer, the German believes the England winger has all the tools to be a star.








Jadon Sancho is yet to score for Manchester United since his big-money move
(

Image:

Naomi Baker/Getty Images)



Klopp said: “Jadon Sancho is a world-class talent, definitely. He has all the things you need to become really one of the best players in the world in the future, that’s how it is. But he’s still very young.

“At Dortmund they were full of praise about him and rightly so.

“I saw a lot of games of him playing outstandingly well.

“Some people lose patience a little bit quickly – and don’t forget the options United have in this position.

“Mason ­Greenwood? Wow! What a talent he is. I think that he has maybe pushed Jadon out of position.

“Mason can play in the centre, but there is no space any more, so maybe they will share. It’s a problem that you want to have as a manager, 100 percent.”

Pick up your FREE Panini Official Premier League Trading cards this weekend – Find out how here


Read More




Read More



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a comment