Swift Headline
Latest News and Updates

Girl, 13, rushed to hospital after tick from dog burrowed into her eyelid – World News

A 13-year-old girl was rushed to hospital after a tick latched onto her eyelid while she was playing with her pet dog, causing it to swell. She was complaining of pain in the area for several days

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Thailand: Doctor removes tick from patient’s eyelid

A young girl was rushed to hospital to remove a tick that had burrowed into her eyelid from her pet dog.

Footage shows Dr. Chaichan Suebsureekul, of the Phetchabun Ear, Eyes, Nose and Throat Clinic in Thailand, using a pair of tweezers to remove the pest from the girl’s eyelid.

However, following a tug from the tweezers, and the tick fell onto the girl’s sclera – the white part of the eye – during the procedure.

The doctor had to make another attempt before the tick was successfully removed from her eye.

The unnamed 13-year-old patient had been complaining of pain in the area for several days, but didn’t notice anything strange apart from the swelling.








Dr. Chaichan Suebsureekul of the Phetchabun Ear, Eyes, Nose and Throat Clinic used a pair of tweezers to remove the pest
(

Image:

ViralPress)



Both she and her mother were shocked after a thorough medical inspection discovered that a tick had nestled into her eyelid.

It is believed the parasite came from a pet dog inside their home, and latched onto the girl while she was playing with it.



Video Loading

Video Unavailable





Ticks inject their victims with a numbing enzyme called kinase, which may explain why the patient did not notice the infestation right away.

Dr. Chaichan said the clinic has seen about six similar cases of insects biting or attacking patients’ eyes, and advised people to seek medical help immediately when it happens.








The clinic has seen about six similar cases of insects biting or attacking patients’ eyes
(

Image:

ViralPress)



A tick’s bite can cause a number of diseases, most notably Lyme disease.

Earlier this year, Brits were warned to cover bare skin to avoid catching Lyme disease from ticks.

The blood-sucking pests – which are usually found in grassy and wooded areas – can trigger the illness, causing heart attacks, paralysis and arthritis.

The heatwaves experienced over summer led to a surge in ticks hunting warm-blooded passers-by to latch onto, with vets reporting a surge in cases of animals needing the tiny parasites removed.








Ticks inject their victims with a numbing enzyme called kinase, which can cause patients not to feel the bite
(

Image:

ViralPress)



One woman has been bed-bound for six years due to the illness after she contracted Lyme Disease.

She was bitten by a tick on a trip to America 10 years ago.

The bite lead to ongoing complications and has resulted in Emma Dolan-Horlock being unable to visit the park across the road due to severe pain and difficulty sitting up or standing.


Read More




Read More



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@swiftheadline.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!

Leave a comment