Call of Duty Season 6 continues in Black Ops Cold War, and the November 2 patch notes detail a new melee weapon and playlist refresh will arrive with the weekly update. This new update is scheduled to release on November 2 at 9 PM PT / 12 AM ET on November 3.
New Melee Weapon
The Hammer & Sickle is the last announced weapon for Black Ops Cold War. This is a dual-wield melee weapon that allows players to melee attack with both a hammer and a sickle. Unlock challenges will be available in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone when the update arrives. There will likely be a store bundle available for those who want to purchase the new weapon and avoid doing the unlock challenge, but the patch notes didn’t specify the details.
New modes will arrive to multiplayer, including the return of Nuketown 24/7 and the 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only playlists. Throwback Moshpit also returns, which will feature Nuketown ’84 and Cold War’s remastered maps from past Black Ops games. Additionally, the 18-player Infected mode will continue this week.
Treyarch announced new “100 Percenter” challenge rewards are coming for multiplayer, Zombies, and campaign, which are an added bonus on top of all the extra XP players have earned from completing the challenges. Players will now be rewarded with new animated calling cards when they complete 100% of all challenges in each mode, excluding the game’s Dark Ops challenges.
These new calling card rewards will be awarded retroactively to any player who has completed all challenges in any given mode. This can be checked in a player’s inventory under the Barracks section of Black Ops Cold War’s menu.
Prestige Shop Updates
Cold War’s Prestige Shop is getting new content to unlock. Players can trade in their Prestige Keys for the new “Vicarious” tactical rifle weapon blueprint, new legacy calling cards, and additional animated calling cards from previous Call of Duty games. Treyarch says players will continue to earn Prestige Keys in Black Ops Cold War at every 50 season levels after Season 6 ends and Call of Duty: Vanguard Season 1 begins.
Zombies mode is getting a few changes this week, as the Mystery Box and Trials rewards will be updated to include DLC weapons from Seasons 4 and 5. In a small change to Outbreak, players will now start the match with 1,000 Essence points, whereas the previous starting points was only 500.
The PlayStation-exclusive Onslaught Zombies mode, which offers a hectic 2-player Zombies experience on Cold War’s multiplayer maps, will finally be available for Xbox and PC players with the November 2 update.
Cold War’s Cinematic Outro
Black Ops Cold War wraps up a year of post-launch narrative with a final cinematic outro trailer, which reveals Adler getting his revenge on Stitch. This week’s update will also include a new Cinematic Archive in the Barracks section of Cold War’s menu, allowing players to watch story cinematics from previous seasons.
You can find the full list of patch notes below, as shared by Treyarch.
This is Black Ops Cold War’s final season, as Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5. All of this content continues for Call of Duty as Activision Blizzard faces a lawsuit from the state of California over alleged harassment and discrimination against women.
- Hammer & Sickle
- New Melee weapon now available via weapon unlock challenges in Multiplayer and Zombies, or via Store bundle.
- New weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the LAPA SMG.
- 100 Percenter Rewards
- Added “100 Percenter” Challenge rewards for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign.
- Players are now awarded an Animated Calling Card when they complete 100% of Challenges in each mode.
- Dark Ops Challenges are not required to earn 100 Percenter Calling Cards.
- Players who have already completed all Challenges in a given mode will be awarded the Calling Card retroactively.
- New Weapon Blueprint
- Added new “Vicarious” Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint to the Prestige Shop.
- Legacy Calling Cards
- Added new Legacy Calling Cards and Animated Calling Cards to the Prestige Shop.
- Added new Cinematic Archive to the Barracks where players can watch cinematics from previous seasons.
- Players will now be prompted with an option to uninstall the Black Ops Cold War Campaign to free up disk space.
- All Campaign save data will be retained and the mode can be reinstalled at any time.
- Throwback Moshpit
- Added updated Throwback Moshpit playlist featuring Nuketown ’84 and remastered maps from Black Ops and Black Ops II.
- Gunfight Tournament
- Added new rewards for the latest Gunfight Tournament.
- Nuketown 24/7
- Throwback Moshpit [NEW]
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- Party Games
- All Platforms
- Onslaught available on all platforms starting at 9PM PT Nov. 2nd, including 23 maps across Onslaught and Onslaught Containment:
- The Pines
- Onslaught Containment
- Game Show
- Nuketown ‘84
- Addressed an issue where progress for the Onslaught Containment challenge “Contained” was being tracked when playing standard Onslaught.
- Rampage Inducer
- Rampage Inducer effects now last until Round 55 (previously ended on Round 20).
- Adjusted chance to spawn Super Sprinters based on community feedback. Super Sprinter spawn rate now begins at 20% (originally 50%) and increases 5% every 5 rounds while Rampage Inducer is active (25% chance at Rounds 5-9, 30% chance at Rounds 10-14, and so on).
- Addressed an issue in “Firebase Z” where the Orda was unintentionally difficult to kill during Assault Waves from Round 30 onward in 3-player and 4-player games.
- Addressed an issue where players could lose control of the ARC-XD when driving near the underground facility entrance doors on “Die Maschine.”
- Closed exploits that allowed players to reach unintended locations in “Die Maschine,” “Firebase Z,” and “Mauer Der Toten.”
- Closed various zombie pathing exploits in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed various stability issues in “Forsaken” related to arcade games, the Main Quest, and the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon.
- Addressed an issue where certain audio was missing during Exfil in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed an issue where Kravchenko’s knife was missing during the “Firebase Z” ending cutscene.
- Players will now start with 1,000 Essence in Outbreak (previously 500).
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired from the Mystery Box.
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired as possible rewards.
- Addressed an issue where Chalices were being incorrectly awarded in limited-time modes.
- PhD Slider can now be purchased in offline Local play.
- The Hand Cannon and ARC-XD can now be crafted in offline Local play.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Onslaught (All Platforms)
- Onslaught Containment (All Platforms)
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – email@example.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.