Ever since cloud storage has emerged in the technology market, businesses are concerned about their data, cost optimization, software flexibility, and reliability. Even now enterprises are confused about opting for private cloud or public cloud storage.
To make it easier, the cloud computing services came up with a new model which is cost-effective, reliable, and less risk associated with it. It is the hybrid cloud storage model that came to the rescue for many businesses struggling with data security and cost optimization problems.
Hybrid cloud storage statistics
A hybrid cloud is a technique of combining a private cloud with one or more public cloud services providing ease of transferring the data and workloads from one another according to its cost and sensitivity. Using a hybrid cloud system helps the business get more control over your cloud management. Also, it gives the power to the user to protect confidential information at a lower cost.
Cloud technology is emerging rapidly and has become a necessity for every business. To make sure you make the right decisions with your cloud services, you should check your needs and build your hybrid cloud accordingly.
This article will help you in making those decisions easily with the latest statistics and trends on hybrid cloud computing.
Hybrid cloud trend statistics
With the upgrade of storage and offline workspace to cloud computing, the trends also change. Now businesses are more particular about their needs and cost. Let’s check some of the modern trends that create a distinguishable change in cloud computing.
- Market Research Future expects the Global Hybrid Cloud Market size to reach USD 173.33 billion with a CAGR of 22.25% from 2019–2025.
- 94% of enterprises already use a cloud service.
of enterprises will have a hybrid /multi-cloud environment by 2021.
- By 2022, more than 90% of enterprises will rely on a hybrid cloud environment to meet their infrastructure needs.
- Hybrid cloud growth will reach $53.3 billion in 2021 from $28.1 billion in 2019.
- 93.7% of organizations agree cloud is critical to their immediate business needs for increasing growth rate, while 88.4% think it to be critical for future business needs.
- The median enterprise reported a 15% or more reduction in time to market as a result of hybrid cloud investments.
- 93 percent of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy; 87 percent have a hybrid cloud strategy.
- 85% of organizations expect to have the majority of their workloads on the cloud by 2020.
- 72 percent of respondents in a group survey described their cloud strategy as hybrid-first or on-premises-first.
- 58 percentage of enterprise workloads that enterprise workloads are on or are expected to be on hybrid or private cloud.
- 83% of IT leaders said that enterprise open source has been useful in their organization’s ability to take advantage of cloud architectures.
- North America is the largest region in the global cloud services market, accounting for 61% of the market in 2020 followed by western Europe with 21% of the global cloud services market. Africa was the smallest region in the global cloud services market.
Hybrid cloud adoption statistics
Adapting to new technology is always difficult for businesses. They need to look for various factors like cost, benefits, ROI, and other metrics. When the decision is about a storage solution, the enterprises need to be extra concerned and make the best judgment.
To help you out, we have the latest cloud adoption statistics that could help you in making a buying decision.
- 42% of companies opt for cloud services to access data from anywhere and 37% for enabling better flexibility.
- By 2021, 98% of businesses will move to multiple hybrid clouds.
- Cost effectivity is the biggest driver of the hybrid cloud adoption rate.
enterprises are concerned about security risk with the public cloud, hence moving to the hybrid model.
Source: Dell technologies
- 46% of private cloud users are shifting to the hybrid model due to high operational costs.
- 18.8% of enterprises believe interoperability between cloud types is the primary benefit of hybrid cloud computing.
- AWS is the leading cloud service provider followed by Microsoft Azure and Google cloud.
- More than 50% of businesses are open to moving sensitive data to the cloud.
Hybrid cloud challenges statistics
While changing your storage solution to a whole new model, it is expected to get some challenges and roadblocks on the way. But it is essential to check if the challenges are difficult but not disastrous.
Check out the recent statistics about the possible obstacles with your hybrid cloud model and how different organizations are reacting to it.
- 51% of enterprises believe app integration is a major challenge with cloud migration.
- The biggest challenge with hybrid cloud is optimizing the existing use of cloud (73%), followed by migrating more workloads to cloud (61%) and expanding use of containers (51%).
hybrid cloud customers wish for improvements in security and risk reduction in the technology.
Source: Dell technologies
- The biggest challenge with the hybrid cloud platform is considered to be the data transfer between public and private cloud (34%)
- Only 3.1% relegate security and compliance of hybrid cloud to ‘being a factor’ and just 0.6% say it is ‘not important’.
Hybrid cloud spend statistics
Budget is a crucial factor that drives change in an organization. Especially when you are making a remarkable change in the organization like adopting hybrid cloud storage.
Let’s jump into a quick hybrid cloud spending statistics to know how much the businesses are willing to pay for the change and is it worth it!
- The projected cloud market revenue will reach $522 billion by end of 2026 which includes SaaS, IaaS and PaaS.
- 54% of companies look for a detailed bill with grouping, sorting and filtering, and filtering capabilities in their cloud cost report.
- 66% of enterprises already have a central cloud team or cloud data center of excellence, with another 21% planning to have one.
- 36% of enterprises spend more than $12 million on the cloud whereas 37% SMBs spend up to $600000 annually.
of enterprises benefit from lower annual operating expenses as a result of hybrid cloud investments.
Source: Dell technologies
- Businesses expect to increase cloud and managed services spending in 2021, and the hardware spending in 2021 is expected to decline.
The future of hybrid cloud storage
It goes without saying that the future of cloud storage is hybrid cloud technology. It helps your business outgrow effectively and in a cost-saving manner. Along with that, it also makes sure that your sensitive data is protected and your cloud workspace is secured.
After looking at the statistics, there is a clear conclusion that hybrid cloud is an essential need for every business. We also see enterprises spending a good part of the budget on cloud essentials and building a centralized cloud team to get maximum results. So it is predicted that hybrid cloud storage will take the lead over all the storage solutions soon and become seen as a necessary business solution.
Cloud storage management can be tedious and confusing at times. Don’t worry! Check out our recent article on Cloud Storage Simplified: What Is It and How to Choose One, and find the best solution on your fingertips.
Denial of responsibility! Swiftheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.